Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Blog #18: A Buddy

                A Buddy
On atop of normal hill sits a busy household
Never a dull moment with Buddy
Our Jack Russell Terrier is hyper and cute
Sometimes too hyper
 Greets me every day with his friendly face
And tail wagging with his love
Even if I have only been gone for five minutes
But he is never alone very long
With all the other animals and our busy life at home
Roommate and me
For he was not mine at first, but my roommate’s dog
But I love him as if he was
His home is mine
His playful mood is fun and drives me crazy at the same time
I would like to know what he does all day with his time
For he always has energy
When I walk through that door
He is brown and white
With a hair tattoo of a bone
His floppy ears perk ready to take on the world
As if he was a kid in a large grocery store
I better catch him before
He decides to attack the mailman, just doing his job,

Both of their jobs 

6 comments:

  1. I have a Jack Russell back home named Buddy too. And I totally agree about the energy; it seems like they never sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "his playful mood is fun and drives me crazy at the same time," I agree with you there. Sounds like too much fun for me to handle. I bet your mailman doesn't feel that way.He is just doing his job too. Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack Russell's are very energetic, very hyper. Very much like a kid in the Grocery Store. Good poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the most evocative line for me is the "hair tattoo of bone." It really makes my mind work to try to imagine what that looks like. He has a spot on his fur that looks like a bone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah he does he is brown with a white spot on his back that looks like a bone

    ReplyDelete
  6. My roommate has a really hyper puppy too. She sucks though she doesn't stop biting! Yours sounds a lot better

    ReplyDelete